Friday, February 15, 2008

Where is my Valentine?

So I am going to be a bit of a bah humbug here. We had such a bad Valentine's day! Our day started out okay. I made gluten free pancakes with heart sprinkles. The kids tried to wear something red. So far so good. Then Hubby tells me that he actually got me something this year. (He is the anti holiday person, hates almost all holidays citing them as just a way for retail to make a buck with no real value.) The bad part is, it was supposed to be delivered on the 12th and never showed up. So I spend my day hoping it might show up. Then we go to a craft class at Michaels and Valentine's exchange with one of our home school groups. This turned into the biggest three ring circus ever! I was on the fence before about leaving this group. Now I will, I just want to fulfill a few commitments then I'm so out. I won't go into the details of what happened but I had a crying child almost the whole time and a few very upset friends. We then had lunch with a friend, which was probably the highlight of our day. Next the kids had writing class and Monkey and I took Baxter to the beach for a while. Then I got a monster migraine and had to go to bed at 5pm! Out went all my plans of chocolate cake, and a nice dinner! Oh and the gift never showed up! Oh well maybe next time...

1 comment:

Cher Mere said...

Oh no! I am so sorry!

We don't usually celebrate Valentine's either. But last night we did a little something with the family.

I'm gonna email you.