Saturday, February 9, 2008

Agenda

Frodo and Bug made some interesting choices for what they want to study this week. Frodo chose Architecture. He checked out a bunch of library books and I am trying to think up a project for him. He needs more than written work. He generally needs something a little more hands on so I may have him draw up some plans. Bug chose The Underground Railroad. I think this subject may take at least two weeks if not three. She has lots of books and historical fiction to read. I'm also going to get a few movies for her. She is definitely mature enough to handle the meatiness of the issue so I think this is my chance to push her without her knowing it. For her project I'm going to have her write a journal as if she were a slave heading toward freedom. I'm also going to have her map out the routes and figure out exact times of travel.
We'll continue on with our Greek myths. I'll finish The Trojan War and The Book of Greek Myths. They will read The Children's Homer. We're also going to map out a family tree of the gods and they can pick one to illustrate or paint. They can pick some science topics on Brain Pop and hopefully our new Math program will become available this week. (We're waiting on our charter school to start). The Monkey just wants to do math all week. I think it's a good time to indulge him on that subject. All of this should keep everyone plenty busy this week.

1 comment:

Cher Mere said...

very cool project choices.