Saturday, February 2, 2008

The Nature of Things

This morning Frodo and I have a meeting with the new adult leader of his boy scout patrol. Frodo has been on leave from scouts for almost 3 months. One of the biggest reasons is because the old ASM moved away and a replacement was not found quickly, thus causing a few of the boys to think they could run the show their way. Frodo already has a very fragile self esteem and this sent him over the edge. He also seems to need a little more help than the other boys because of his sensitive nature and lets face it his small size. So he decided to take a break for a while even though he loves scouting so much.
When I was informed a few days ago who the new ASM for his patrol would be Frodo wanted to join again immediately. This adult really went the extra mile for Frodo last summer to make sure the camp would accommodate his food needs. He has also been there consistently when Frodo needed an adult to goto. He expressed to me that he feels like he can trust this adult to make sure things happen the way they should.
I do hope things work out today the way Frodo would like. As much as I could do without boy scouts my son happens to love it. He's also good at it and it gives him something to do on his own. I have my fingers crossed.

1 comment:

Cher Mere said...

that is really good news. I know how much Frodo likes scouting. I am glad he feels like he can do it again.