Monday, October 8, 2007

Flying By






This past week has flown by incredibly fast. I blinked and it was Monday all over again. Here are a list of some of the things we did this week:

~Pulled C out of K12. He is much more relaxed and back to himself again.
~I held a 5 year old book club, we read "Daniels Duck" and the kids carved things out of soap.
~C attended a book club where he was the only child who understood the Holocaust and what was really going on in the book "Number the Stars." (World War II is a bit of a passion for him.)
~C and J attended a sports class, C went skateboarding.
~J understood that Native Americans used every part of an animal they hunted. She also finally "got" fractions.
~S read 20 library books. I think I need to break down and get a "homeschooler crate," my back is killing me!
~J had her art lesson.
~J lost her last baby teeth. Well actually she had them pulled because she had "shark teeth", baby teeth and adult teeth in the same spaces. So the tooth fairy mad her last apperance to J. *frown*
~C got a new guitar. (Dad's old one, but new to him and full size.)
~We attended a field trip about Ventura's Chinatown during the gold rush. It was one of the best we have been on. Amazingly before we went C was able to tell me all about how the Chinese immigrants were treated based on a few books he'd read.
~We attended the coolest show! It was called "The Birdhouse Factory" it was sort of like Cirque de sol. Everyone loved it.
~The kids fed the animals at the zoo.
~S finally learned how to play by himself!!!!
~Finally, C, J and I saw "The Seeker" in the theater. It was C's reward for finishing the book. He tried to tell me about all the differences, I'm just going to have to read it this week!
~Oh yeah, we fit some homeschooling in their too!

Now, I shall sleep and rest because our new week has already begun!

2 comments:

Cher Mere said...

Sounds like you did a lot of interesting things. How did C like The Seeker

Gwenivere said...

He liked it as its own movie but didn't like it compared to the book.