Sunday, October 21, 2007

A ROCK'N GOOD TIME!






This week we did something we never do, we slowed down a bit. It was great. We canceled most plans until the end of the week.

J did a little soul searching and realized how much she misses playing sports and being involved in something that's just girls. Sadly, sports are still not an option. She is taking a general sports class with one of our home school groups and still has a lot of knee pain after the class. Being her daddy's girl she is just too stubborn to take anything for the pain, wear a brace or even consider a sport that wouldn't bother her knees. Her condition will not go away until she is finished growing. She did decide to rejoin girl scouts. She quit the troop she was in because it was making her uncomfortable due to a certain religious bent. So today she is going with a friend to try a troop. I really hope it works for her. I am also going to keep pushing her to try swimming as her sport, she's very good at it and it wouldn't bother her knees.

S was crazy this week. It's got to be that his birthday is next month and he is going through a developmental phase. He was soaking up tons of information but turning around and doing everything he shouldn't be. By Friday, we went to a Halloween party and he seemed to have mellowed out. It was a really nice day, after the party we went to check out these fancy play houses that were auctioned off this weekend. They were so pretty, the themes were Curious George, Firehouse, Nicky (American Girl) and a Fitness clubhouse. All the kids were drooling over them but seeing how last year they went for about 30grand a piece they could only dream. We finished off a lovely day with a trip to CPK.

C has the best end to his week. Last night hubby took him to the Weird Al concert. It was C's first concert and they said it was a really great show. Somehow I lucked out and got them 2nd row center seats. They were sitting a few people away from Seth Green which made them quite happy as well. They have said the best part were the dancing storm troopers during the Anakin song. I do have to say I feel really bad about something I did to him at the Halloween party. I had to leave to take S to find a bathroom, while I was gone there was an incident between him and a girl. As soon as I got back a friend came running up to tell me that C had hit her in the mouth with a sword and wouldn't apologise. Anyone that knows C would know that this is not him. But trusting what she said to me, I didn't give him a chance to give his side of the story. As it turns out they were having a sword fight and his slipped and got her in the lip. He tried to apologize but she didn't want to hear it. So my lesson this week was a reminder to listen to your children first, before casting judgement on them. We got past it and everything is okay, but I still feel a little guilty. Until next time..

1 comment:

Cher Mere said...

The Weird Al concert sounds awesome! I can't beleive you got such good seats.

I am glad for J that she is figuring some things out. I am interested in hearing how that is going.

Did C forgive you for the Halloween party thing? I know I have done the same thing with Z before and felt like a heel afterwards.