Monday, October 15, 2007

Slowing Down and Drama

Last week was busy as usual. With trips to Santa Barbara, Aquarium of the Pacific and all the usual things it was nice to have a slow weekend. On Saturday, C volunteered for the day as support staff at our local Relay for Life. S, hubby and I walked in it. Then on Sunday we did mundane things like grocery shopping and snuggling up on the couch watching a movie together.
The only thing that got me a bit outta whack was J having a fit because she thought she looked "lame" in her Halloween costume. I bought it for her in August because she had to have it. I brought it home, had her try it on where she pronounced how much she loved it. Then two weeks ago her friend, who I already have an issue with, comes over and says she doesn't like it. From that point on I have been trying to persuade J that her costume is just fine (esp. since I spent $70 on it and now cannot return it.) She put it on again last night to show hubby just how "lame" it looked. Which of course it doesn't. So now I have had to resign to trying to sell it. J has to make a costume out of what ever she has around the house. I think it wouldn't have gotten to me so much if:
a. she would have worn it somewhere (anywhere)
b. she hadn't changed her mind because of something someone else said to her.
I suppose this is just a part of her growing up. Although I am trying to accept it and go with it, it doesn't mean I have to like it!

3 comments:

Cher Mere said...

Sorry about the costume thing. That is so hard! What was the costume?

Gwenivere said...

Elizabeth Swan's pirate queen outfit. I just needed to have a tantrum myself.

Cher Mere said...

Oh no! That must have been an expensive costume. Well her other choice sounds really cool.