Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Back from Nature



Okay, so I'm still getting the hang of this picture thing!
On Sunday, all of us took a lovely hike in the local mountains. It was a very nice walk. All the kids enjoyed themselves and asked to go back to the spot again.

I love being out in nature whenever I can. Sadly, to get to most anywhere around here you need to drive. The one thing which is nearly impossible to get hubby to do on his day off from work. So now I am on quest to find more outdoorsy stuff in our "own backyard." Who knows maybe my inner tree hugger will show herself again.

Speaking of all this nature, C is super excited because he is going to Joshua Tree this weekend to rock climb. He is by far the biggest nature buff among us. I will admit that I'm a little nervous. But hey he'll have a bike helmet so what am I worried about right? (I'll secretly cross my fingers that I won't be the parent who gets a call from the emergency room this trip!)

No comments: