Saturday, September 8, 2007

Are we back in Kansas?

The story of my life these days has been "The Wizard of Oz". S and I are smack in the middle of reading Ozma of Oz and halfway through the Wizard of Oz movie. Ironically, after watching the movie yesterday I met up with some friends who out of no where started singing Follow the Yellow Brickroad. That's gonna stick in my head for weeks. I'm humming it now.

So our first week back to doing "school" went a little bumpy. You know, we went through the poppy field and the mice queen had to save us and all. But like our heroes things are beginning to take shape. For starters, I threw away those darn green glasses to see the Emerald city for what it's really worth. I don't think I'll melt my witch but maybe leave her to her own castle and have the flying monkeys keep watch. My lion even cried when he said good-bye to Glinda (for now.) But the best is watching my three little companions realize the strengths that were always there. I can't wait to see how this year's story unfolds. I'm sure it will be just as exciting as ever. "And that's how we pass the day away, in the merry 'ole land of Oz!"

1 comment:

Cher Mere said...

Clever.

I am glad things are getting better. :)