Monday, June 1, 2009

Mother of the Year Award

A big thank you to Chere Mere for giving this to me! I know it was a month ago, but I still thought it was important enough to do.

These are the rules:

Admit one thing you feel awful about involving being a mom. Get it off your shoulders. Once you've written it down, you are No Longer allowed to feel bad. It's over with, it's in the past. Remember, you're a good mom!

The "we'll do it later" promise. I tend to say this little phrase much more than I would like. The kids are always asking me to do all these wonderful things, but I would honestly say about half of the time they get the "we'll do it later" answer. Then the next day when I am reminded of my broken promise but heart breaks that I forgot to help with the task at hand. Ah, I wish my memory was as precise as it used to be!


Next....Remind yourself you are a good mom, list seven things you love about your kids, you love doing with your kids, or that your kids love about you. These are the things to remind yourself everyday that you Rock!

1. I love that my kids think I'm the coolest mom they know.
2. I love it when they all lay in bed with me reading away.
3. I love to see them all sleep.
4. The spray of freckles across all of their noses
5. I cherish that I am able to educate them at home.
6. Their enthusiasm makes my heart overflow.
7. I love that everyone of them has a great heart, but they are all very unique in every other way.


Now your supposed to tag more people. I will pass on tagging individually, if you reading this your tagged!

2 comments:

patrice said...

Hello there! I hadn't checked in a while and I'm glad I did. Hope all is well down South.
P-

Cher Mere said...

You are a great mom! I love your list.