Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Adjustments

Believe it or not after just one week I have needed to alter the kids summer schedule. After this week ended the kids and I decided that I have given them too much math to do in one week. I scaled it back from 12 assignments to 6 assignments a week. They were feeling too much pressure to get it all done, they didn't feel like they were absorbing the material. I'm so glad they are at a point where they were able to articulate that to me.
Yesterday I met with a therapist that we'll be taking Monkey to see. She came highly recommended by many families who have used her for gifted testing. She also happens to specialize in children with anxieties. I really liked her a lot. At this point she is thinking that his anxiety his causing a bit of a road block for some of his learning. There is a lot more to it, but its hard to explain everything without going into great detail. I am happy that it feels like we're on the right path.

1 comment:

Cher Mere said...

I am glad you found something to guide you with Monkey. Good Luck!